Monday, March 28, 2011

Rag Quilt

the back the front
one of the strips before it was fully complete
some of the many many squares
me cutting more squares


So before we were even pregnant I really wanted to make a rag quilt for the baby I really wanted. So I figured I have a couple months till the baby comes so I better start on this quilt, since I've never made a quilt or much else. A couple Saturday's ago Bryan and I met mom and Auntie Wendy at the Fabric store ( which was a complete zoo - since their was a big sale) and it was actually really hard to find fabric we liked, it was either too baby, cartoonie or girly. So we settled on Race Cars. I cut the fabric the first night, then the second night I sewed the squares together, the third night I sewed the blanket together, and the fourth night we did the fringing. The sewed parts are not the greatest, but I was pretty proud of my first quilt ever. And even if its not the best, it did have allot of love in it. And I'm excited to make more in the future now that I have the hang out it.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Way to go miss crafty- Its ADORABLE!

Ranger Lee and Gabriela Falk said...

Very good job!!! the baby will love it :)