Thursday, September 18, 2008

Helping Mom Can Pears

4 boxes this size .. yikes
peaches

Look at all the lids..
I had no idea just how much sugar was in canning.. ALOT
Me taking it out
Freshly canned pears
Bryan in his glory with pears

On Monday Bryan and I went over to mom and dad's to help mom do some canning. We figured since she got us all a box of pears... we better help her can our box. I really don't remember canning being this much work. But it is alot of work. Mom I dont know how you canned all those peaches.. and then three times and many pears. Thanks for giving us peaches and pears. Love you Mom. Anyways.. this was Bryan's first time canning.. he had fun.. I was the pear pealer.. and he was the pear cutter... and mom did all the actual canning stuff. It was pretty fun though. And the finished product is really yummy !

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Looks like fun glad I mised it :O)