Monday, April 27, 2009

Ethiopian Dinner!





While Gabriela was up we went on a double date with her and Ranger Lee.. we had heard about this Ethiopian food in town, and were curious to try it... so we did. It was rather different, but a neat experience. The menu was in both English and Ethiopian??.. but most of the spices and ingredients I had no clue.. so all four of us ordered a meat then it comes with a veggie.. and then it all comes on one huge platter and you all share, and you don't use utensils, they serve you this doughy bread thing that you dip into the food.. the dough was kinda sick.. tasted like baking soda and vinegar all in one.. yuck.. but some of the food was really good. It was really nerve racking being there since we were the only white ones, and so everyone was staring at us.. plus I was taking pictures SO i imagine that didn't help. After we went to see "17 Again" which was super cute and funny, and I'd defiantly recommend it ! Twas a really nice date !

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Is that place in Airdrie? I bet the food was really different!

Ranger Lee and Gabriela Falk said...

I had fun with you guys ... I liked the chicken and the potatoes....I can't wait for another double date again!!!!!!